Spring arrives this week (HOORAY!!!) We start spending more time outside.
Longer Days mean later practices for Baseball and Soccer, busy kids schedules, yardwork!
Oh My! Don't despair ... Following are a few easy recipes that will help you get a great dinner
on the table QUICK!
On The Go Ravioli Lasagna
- 1 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) bottle spaghetti sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In 9x13-inch dish spread a little bit of sauce at bottom (to prevent sticking).
- Put on ravioli, as many as will fit without being"tight".
- Put on more sauce and then cheese.
- Repeat until all ravioli is gone.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes.
- (I usually have three layers of about 15 ravioli in each layer.) It can be frozen also.
Easy BBQ “ Crock Pot” Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 -2 lb chicken breast (boneless & skinless)
- 1 (18 ounce) jar of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 4 -6 hamburger buns
- Remove all fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
- Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
- You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
- Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
- Or, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
Serve with a salad for an easy weeknight meal!
Sweet Lips No Hips Pie
- 1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free jello (4 serving size -any flavor)
- 1 (8 ounce) container thawed Cool Whip Free
- 1 graham cracker crust (reduced fat-Keebler makes one)
- ice cubes & water
1 Boil 2/3 c water.
2 In mixing bowl, mix boiling water and Jello for about 2 minutes until dissolved.
3 In a measuring cup, combine ice cubes and water to measure 1 cup.
4 Stir into Jello mixture til ice is melted.
5 Add Cool Whip and whisk until smooth.
6 Put mixing bowl in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow mixture to thicken.
7 Spoon filling into crust.
8 Refrigerate overnight.
*If you have recipes to share email them to me and I'll include them on the blog!
Check back next week for more recipes!